The Robert Sorby Excelsior range of tools is a new range of high performance tools that will appeal to woodturning professionals, regular turners and those who enjoy turning very hard or abrasive woods. The Excelsior range has a range of hard working gouges and cutters that are manufactured from high grade HSS coated with the latest Titanium Nitride (TiN) plasma coating technology.
The breakthrough bonded coating provides extraordinary life to any cutting edge and reduces surface friction for a smoother more refined cut. When coated on flawless, triple tempered HSS, cutting edge hardness is increased to a Rockwell equivalent of between 85-90. The result is a tool that sharpens easily and has a durability and cutting edge that outperforms even tungsten carbide.
The Excelsior Spindle Gouges are available in handled and as a blade only option in the following sizes:
1/4", 3/8" and 1/2"
Please use the drop down box to make your selection.
* High quality Ash handle fitted with brass ferrule
* Premium Quality HSS (High Speed Steel) plasma coated with Titanium Nitrate (TiN) offers extreme durability
* Can be sharpened quickly and easily
* Increased cutting edge life (up to four times longer than an average turning tool)
* Reduced surface friction for a smoother cutting action
All prices are shown exclusive of VAT